Blosxom Plugin Registry
Blosxom is about infinitely extensible via a plugin architecture. Here you'll find oodles of plugins to expand, extend, integrate, and delight. And they're written by Blosxom users just like you!
Have a Blosxom Plug-in to share with the Blosxom community? Plug it in here!
- SmartyPants - Performs several typographic transformations -- smart quotes, smart dashes, and smart-ellipses -- on your weblog entries.
- allconsuming - Lets AllConsuming (allconsuming.net) users share their list of reading/purchased/finished/etc books easily
- amazonwish - Retrieves your Amazon wishlist
- antispam - AntiSpam masks email addresses that appear in your stories to make it harder for spambots to harvest them
- autoblock - Automaticly wraps blocks in HTML tags, including paragraph, code, and blockquotes.
- Autoxfn - Automatically adds XFN (http://gmpg.org/xfn/) relationship data to anchor tags based on information contained in a central file.
- better_title - makes a title including category path or date (day month year) available for use in titling weblog page
- binary - Cause Blosxom to see if the URL requested actually exists on the filesystem. If it does, then return the file, and then exit the script allowing for binary file serves. If the file does not exist, then the Bloxsom script will continue noting whether it needs to do a flavour translation on the data file, etc. The convienience of this is that when you wish to include an image or anything besides just the blog entry, you can place the file in the same directory as your text file, and reference it with a $url$path.
- blacklist - This plugin allows you to create a blacklist file ( and a whitelist ) for your weblog that allows you to specify certain IP addresses that simply receive a 404 message making it appear as if your site is no longer there. You may wish to alter this to give a 410 message, if you like.
- blogroll - builds a blogroll out of OPML files
- blogshares - Purpose: Fetches blog shares info from blogshares.com via XML API and
- blox - adds user-selected "paragraph" markup tags to plain entry file text; stop typing <p> tags! Existing tags are left alone.
- breadcrumbs - builds a clickable trail to your current position in the weblog's path
- chrono - This simple plugin redefines the sort() function to list stories chronologically (oldest first) based on the $blosxom::chrono variable defined globally in the blosxom.cgi script or locally in the relevant config file.
- closingwords - Plugin to append a note to each story, such as source, credit, sentiment or admonition; default appends blog url to story.
- comments_recent - Provides a list of recent comments, good for inclusion in a sidebar.
- counter - a simple counter
- cvs - Replaces CVS keywords (such as $Id: cvs,v 1.2 2004/01/12 12:59:43 ivo Exp $) with the part after the :.
- dayinyear - Plugin for head and foot templates to display the number of the current day, week and year, like this: Day $dayinyear::numday in week $dayinyear::numweek in $dayinyear::numyear.
- directorybrowse - Changes those long path names into staged links.
For example: /one/two/three, are one link in vanilla bloxsom. This plugin allows one, two and three to be individually linked.
- DynamicCSS - Load different CSS Files based on the user agent that blog-viewers are using.
- entries_template - Provide alternative template for displaying story entries in index pages, so that different features can be incorporated. For example, you can display excerpts in the index page, while enable writeback form in individual stories.
- flavourmenu - flavourmenu creates a menu to let a user choose to see the current page in a different flavour, or the whole weblog in a different flavour.
- fortune - make the output of the fortune program, found on just about any Unix machine, available to your flavour templates
- gallery - Generates a thumbnail gallery using a slide form with Truetype-written descriptions. Requires Image::Magick. Currently static mode only.
- geek - show stories in hexadecimal, octal, decimal, binary, and memory dump form
- google_highlight - Highlights any Google search terms used to find your weblog.An adaptation of Dean Allen's Google Hilite.
- headlines - provides a list of headlines for each your stories
- hotlists - creates lists of latest posts in a particular category
- icons - Provides Slashdot-like icons
- lastvisited - In conjunction with the cookie plugin and lastmodified, add a 'new stuff!' marker to the title of each story that hasn't been seen before. The story marker can be customized (it defaults to 'NEW!'
- menu - Menu displays a listing of the subdirectories available from your current page, showing only those paths that lead to available articles and abiding by the settings of the exclude plugin, if installed.
- moreentries - Creates 'Next' and 'Previous' links when there are more entries than allowed on a page (as determined by the Blosxom config variable $num_entries). This doesn't affect date-style urls, since Blosxom ignores $num_entries for date urls. Great for search results (tested with 'find' plugin). Also provides template variables for showing which posts numbers are being displayed, etc. NOTE: This version is probabaly not compatible with Static rendering.
- netflix - Lets you share the contents of your netflix queue or the list of movies you have checked out
- now_playing - This plugin uses Trackback pings to populate $now_playing::last with the last few songs you've played in Winamp. It requires Benn Trott's tb.cgi implementation of Trackback and the DoSomething Winamp plugin.
- output_utf8 - Purpose: Encodes the output of Blosxom and previous plugins to UTF-8.
- page_titler - This allows for the title of the most recent story to be used in flavours, available with $page_titler::title .
- paginate - Provides page navigation, with previous/next links and a list of available pages
- paypalform - This plugin builds a PayPal donation form that can be included in a flavour. It can be generated for the entire blog or for just sections (the form variable is blank when 'disabled').
- plain_text - Populates $plain_text::body with a copy of $blosxom::body that has the HTML stripped.
- postheadprefoot - Appends the contents of any posthead.flavour (specific to a particular flavour)
or posthead (general, regardless of flavour) file found along a particular
category path/directory to the head.flavour.
Prepends the contents of any prefoot.flavour (specific to a particular flavour)
or prefoot (general, regardless of flavour) file found along a particular
category path/directory to the foot.flavour.
- prettycategory - Adds spaces in category names, to improve readability. Provides $prettycategory::category
- preview - allows an author to preview an item before making it generally visible
- Print - This flavour creates a printer-friendly version of the blog. Mainly meant for individul stories
- quotes - This plugin manages 'quote of the day' style stories. The quotes can be included in the normal blog listing if desired. The most recent quote is made available in a global variable.
- randomizer - Populates $randomizer::text with a random line from a text file.
- randomlogo - Allows random selection of a logo image from a directory.
- randomtext - randomtext pulls a random file from a directory for display in a flavour template
- reading_room - Allows for the (somewhat) easy creation of lists of books, films, etc, along with purchase links and star ratings.
- readme - adds the contents of any a readme file found along a particular category path/directory
- recent_entries - makes a list of recent entries available to your flavour templates
- recentwritebacks - RecentWritebacks is a new plugin that allows you to easily locate the stories that have recently added posts. You can search your site for those stories that have had writebacks submitted within a specified number of days.
- reverse - reverses the order of entries in archive pages, so index and category are in reverse chronological order and archives are in chronological order.
- review - This plugin makes it easier to write reviews. It works off of a file per entry system. So, you can place custom variables in that file that get replaced when the review gets rendered. It also works with the asin/amazon plugin to render links to items you review.
- sameday - Use $sameday::sameday in your story template to make a link to the same day of the posting date of your posting, but then in the last year.
- schedule - Shows the event for the current month from a .calendar file
- seemore - displays only up to a ^L in each post, linking to the rest of the post as "See More..."
- sideblog - Reads the first handful of lines from a sideblog file containing not-quite-ready-for-prime-time blog material (be it uncommented links, simple verbal quips, or unformulated thoughts) into a variable made available to the head/foot files. (It should be noted that I honestly don't know what I'm doing. But I thought I'd submit this for comments if not for use.)
- sizer - provides a way to limit the length of your blosxom weblog page, regardless of the number of posts it might take to fill it
- smilefie - Like those cute smiles in your post? This plugin converts :-) into the regular
- smiley - Convert simple "smiley" tags into images on-the-fly. Tags include <happy>, <sad>, <frustrated> and more.
- storytitle - Allows you to use the story title in the title of a page. Only works with stories on own page
- text_template - Allows use of alternate templating engine (specifically Text::Template)
- toc - This plugin creates a table of contents generated from selected headings. Can be useful for longer stories.
- userstatus - Provides a $userstatus::status variable which will display a status message
- visitors - Computes how many people are "currently" visiting your site and, if you have the login plugin installed, how many are logged in. The amount of time to consider a person active is configurable.
- warCounter - Counts the number of seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, and years since the beginning of the war between the United States and Iraq.
- wishlist - displays your amazon wishlist. does not require amazon modules.
- wordcount - Provides $wordcount::wordcount, a count of the total number of words in your story (after HTML has been stripped out). Depends on -- and includes -- the plain_text plugin.
- worldpop - Produces a number representing the world population.
- writeback_sort - Sort stories not only by date, but by writeback date, causing stories to rise to the top of the weblog when people trackback or comment.
- PostGraph - Creates graphs showing the time of day you post, in two different formats (one identical to the MT "blogtimes" plugin)